We have several updates and tidbits from the 2015-2016 academic year to share with you:
– 92% of our 2015 graduates were employed or enrolled in graduate school within 6 months of graduation.
– We launched a brand new website at career.nichols.edu which includes featured employers, social media feeds, staff directory, and so much more!
– Our name was changed from Career Services to the Career and Professional Development Center. This is mainly due to the fact that our Professional Development Seminar program now falls under our department. We are so excited about this!
– Over 400 of our 1400 undergraduate and graduate student population attended the 2016 Career & Internship Fair, and 81 employers were actively engaged.
– Several employers such as AAFCPAs, Newport Hotel Group, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Bollus Lynch, Walgreens and Mohegan Sun, held on-campus recruiting events in our phone and Skype-equipped interview rooms.
– Due to a generous donation from an alumnus, we were able to create a professional clothing lending program called the Bison Boutique and over 70 students took advantage of this opportunity.
– We held our largest Etiquette Dinner to date with over 120 guests in attendance, and we are thankful for the generous donation from Enterprise Rent-A-Car who allowed us to offer this successful event.
– Over 75 alumni were actively engaged through event, on-campus recruiting, and volunteer opportunities.