On-Campus Student Employment
Process Overview & Application Form (Required)
Nichols College On-Campus Student Employment Process Overview
We encourage students to apply to all positions they are interested in as positions are not guaranteed/fill up quickly. All positions are active the first day of classes. Please note that each student is allowed to simultaneously hold a maximum of two on-campus student employment opportunities at a maximum of 20 hours per week combined. Here are the instructions on how to apply for an on-campus student employment opportunity at Nichols College:
1. Using the application on the backside of this guide, electronically fill it out regarding your availability/information for the current semester. You can fill this form out for all positions as this form is meant to be as generic and applicable as possible.
2. Head to the MyNichols potal/OneLogin area. Please select the icon labeled “Handshake” found in the bookmarks section and on the OneLogin dashboard.
3. If this is your first time logging into Handshake, the system may prompt you to update your profile. Please do this prior to applying for on-campus student employment opportunities.
4. Once you are in the system, head to the “Document” page which can be found under your name tab on the toolbar on the top right hand corner.
5. Click “Select from computer” button on the bottom, attach the file, and create a Document Name, Document Type (Other Document for the On-Campus Student Employment Application) and, hit “Add Document” to finalize.
6. You may want to upload your resume here as well as several positions require a resume (and some may even require a cover letter, etc.). Please note that you may have to come back to the “Document” center in order to upload additional documents as needed by each office on campus but the Application Form on the back of this page is used by all departments/only needs to be filled out once.
7. Head to the “Jobs” area on the toolbar. Under “Job Type” select “On-Campus Student Employment” which will then automatically populate on the right side. When you select a job, please read through all information provided. If you wish to apply, select “Apply Now.”
8. Upload your On-Campus Student Employment Application Form that you created in the
“Documents” center. Also, upload any additional forms that are required (if applicable).
9. Repeat this process for all positions that you wish to apply for. If you do not have a
resume/cover letter and it is a required field, feel free to stop by the Career and Professional Development Center during Drop In Hours (M, W, F 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. or T, TH 1:00 p.m. –3:00 p.m.) or email email@example.com / call (508) 213-2482 to make an appointment. Optimal Resume is available at career.nichols.edu/resources which offers 24/7 assistance with resumes and cover letters.
Please note that students are not authorized to start working until they are approved from payroll via an email stating approval.
Nichols College On-Campus Student Employment Application (Required)
Please fill this document out as it is a required portion of the Nichols College On-Campus Student Employment Application Process. You can use the same application for all positions that you are applying for. You will want to upload a completed copy of this form under the
“Documents” section found on the left toolbar in Handshake. We suggest saving it as “Student Name Work Study Application” as it is required that you upload this document to all online postings that you wish to apply for.