Are you an adult undergraduate student here at Nichols College? Are you wondering more about the experiential learning requirement? Watch this pre-recorded webinar to learn more about the frequently asked questions below:
- Experiential learning is required? Yes!
- There is an hour requirement to receive credit for an internships? Yes! 120 hours per 3 credits (150 hours per 3 credits if you are a sport management student).
- Academic Internships are 15-weeks long and happen during the fall, spring, or summer semesters? Yes!
- How many options are there for the experiential learning requirement? Two! Academic Internship or a 3-Credit Course.
- You provide resources for finding an internship and career coaching for assistance with this requirement? Yes! Reach out to CPDC@nichols.edu to setup an appointment.
- I need to report my internship on Handshake? Yes! There are step by step instructions provided above.
- There is a deadline to report internships on Handshake for each semester? Yes! Internships need to be reported by the add/drop date for each semester. There is a Petition Form for late files.
- And so much more!
Want to continue the conversation and/or start working on the internship search? Reach out to your preferred career coach or email CPDC@nichols.edu to schedule an appointment. Thank you.
*Important! If unsure, all undergraduate adult students should check in with their Academic Advisor (Amanda White) or the UGA virtual orientation page (coming soon if not already launched) to see if an internship is part of their program evaluation.
On the Webinar
Amanda White, Director of Adult Undergraduate Education
Dr. Laura Blake, Associate Professor of Management
Abby DePasquale, Associate Director for the Career and Professional Development Center