The Goal of the VISTA member’s service is to
improve upon there sources the Jefferson County Health Department lacks in its most
recent community health assessment and strategic plan. The VISTA will improve
community health by supporting the alignment of department initiatives with the Public
Health Accreditation Board, Foundational Areas of Public Health, and Essential Services
of Public Health, and strategic priorities.
The VISTAs purpose is to engage and collaborate with Jefferson County Health Department staff to
address needs found in the strategic planning process.
- Engage with Jefferson County Health Department Divisional leads to develop a plan to address issues that are outlined in the strategic plan including communication, workforce development, and strategic orientation.
- Conduct non-clinical assessments of gaps in policies and procedures and expand the coordination of efforts of alignment with the Public Health Accreditation Board, Foundational Areas of Public Health and Essential Services.
- Develop a succession plan for future VISTA members to carry out the project.
The VISTAs purpose is to engage and collaborate with Jefferson County community members and
partners to address needs found in the community health assessment.
- Engage with the Dodge Jefferson Healthier Community Partnership to research and develop a plan to address issues found in the Community Health Assessment.
- Establish relationships and gather lived experience for prioritized initiatives.
The VISTAs purpose is to enhance alignment of our Department with the Public Health Emergency
Preparedness Capabilities as required by the Public Health Accreditation Board.
- Engage and Collaborate with Emergency Management staff and partners in Jefferson County by attending coalition meetings.
- Improve upon the current emergency preparedness policies and procedures and assess for gaps in needs.