Looking to launch your career in Risk or Reinsurance?
Do you enjoy building relationships with clients and colleagues, gathering and interpreting data, and driving innovation? Apply today for a Broker or Associate Account Executive role on our Commercial Risk and Reinsurance teams.
This role is a hybrid role with the flexibility to work both from home and your aligned office location.
The target salary range for this position is $59,500 to $68,500 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant’s geographic location.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
Our Risk Solutions group assesses the risk a company has or could have and mitigates it through the placement of various insurance products and policies. They help clients achieve profit, growth, and continuity by delivering the best tailored and innovative risk solutions.
Associate Account Executive (AAE) and Associate Brokers work together to serve clients. Both roles are assigned to specific clients and participate on account teams; the AAE primarily works on daily client management and coordinates internal processes between Aon’s service center, the brokerage team and account management team. In contrast, Associate Brokers primarily interact with insurance carriers and their intermediaries, negotiate and place insurance policies on behalf of our clients. Depending on which role you are hired into, some of your responsibilities may include:
Associate Account Executives
- Maintain effective and productive client relationship; manage client open items lists and respond to client requests
- Gather and analyze exposure data, loss history, and standard and unique coverage needs for submissions with the Brokerage Unit
- Capture and analyze data and draft assigned elements of client service plans, stewardship reports and other presentations tailored to the needs of the audience and the circumstances of the presentation
- Actively support and supervise the renewal process, draft quote comparisons and follow up for binders, policies and endorsements
- Receive and lead routine and sophisticated coverage inquiries and endorsement requests. Serve as a key client liaison for items such as certificates, auto IDs, location additions, invoices, Worker’s Compensation posting notices, allocations, premium finance agreements, summaries of insurance, and policy transmittals
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with external client contacts and internal Aon clients, in addition to developing thorough knowledge of the private and nonprofit management liability insurance marketplace, products and services, developing productive business relationships with key insurance underwriters
- Facilitate the compilation of submission information
- Provide broking status and continuous support and service to clients during entire broking process and period of engagement
- Learn and understand all elements of client presentations, developing technical writing skills, verbal presentation and negotiation skills
- Responsible for all aspects of client service for assigned book of business including billing, policy collection, reviewal and transmittal in accordance with established departmental service standards
- Establish basic understanding of claims administration process
- Drive utilization of all available technology throughout broking process and client service process.
- Replicate effective products/solutions and develop broking opportunities
Reinsurance: Account Representatives (Brokers)
Unprecedented volatility is creating new risks and opportunities for organizations across the global economy. We provide risk transfer, claims advocacy and capital management solutions to help our clients reduce volatility and build more resilient businesses, governments and communities.
Account Representative colleagues help clients understand, manage and transfer risk through creative solutions. The role is immediately client-facing, offering exposure to high-level executives and decision-makers. Representatives work on multiple accounts as part of a larger broker team, which requires strong communication and collaboration skills. Account Representatives will develop comprehensive reinsurance market and industry knowledge while working on a variety of lines of business. Over time, colleagues will have increasing opportunities for domestic and international travel to client and reinsurer meetings and to take on expanded roles in developing strategic and innovative solutions for clients.
- Support broking teams in servicing reinsurance clients, including developing innovative solutions, leading consulting projects, and providing strategic advice to address client needs
- Participate in reinsurer meetings and discussions regarding client program placements
- Prepare formal reinsurance submission materials and executive-facing presentations
- Assist in the technical analysis of client information
- Collaborate with various supporting teams within our Reinsurance Solutions such as catastrophe modeling, treaty, actuarial and contract wording
Inpoint Strategic Engagement
Aon Inpoint Strategic Engagement provides advisory services and strategic implementation support to our clients, which include many of the most prestigious insurance companies in the Global Property, Casualty and Health & Benefit re/insurance market. Inpoint SE focuses on advising re/insurers and capital partners to generate tangible results by helping them identify opportunities and improve business performance. Through a consultative approach, we advise re/insurers and capital partners on how to navigate a fluid market environment. We leverage strong analytical abilities to drive profitable, sustainable growth and improve business performance.
Business Development Specialist
A Business Development Specialist is central to supporting growth initiatives for the Greater New York Region. We work closely with sales colleagues and account management teams and support growth strategy, and CRM usage. We prepare formal reports and provide insights to local leadership.
How this opportunity is different
Welcome to the fast track to success. These roles are part of our game-changing Early Career Development program, aptly named ‘Launch.’ It’s not your average program – it’s the secret sauce that turns recent college grads into the next leaders of our company. Get ready for 12 months packed with in-person and virtual sessions, networking opportunities, self-study adventures, and even calls with global leaders. Join us on this journey to greatness!
Skills and experience that will lead to success
We’re looking for collaborators, critical thinkers, problem solvers, excellent teammates, effective communicators, relationship builders and future leaders.
We strive to recruit a diverse group of hardworking individuals who offer varying experiences, backgrounds and strengths to ensure we can continue to offer the most innovative solutions. Additionally, we take into consideration the following:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; able to identify problems and solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills, including: Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel spreadsheets, Word processing, PowerPoint, e-mail and internet tools
Education: Bachelor’s degree in: Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Risk Management, Insurance, Political Science or a related degree preferred, but open to other majors.
Applicants for this role should graduate between December 2023 – May 2024 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
*We do not offer sponsorship for this role.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognize that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working.
Aon offers a comprehensive package of benefits for full-time and regular part-time colleagues, including, but not limited to: a 401(k) savings plan with employer contributions; an employee stock purchase plan; consideration for long-term incentive awards at Aon’s discretion; medical, dental and vision insurance, various types of leaves of absence, paid time off, including 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, 15 days of paid vacation per year, paid sick leave as provided under state and local paid sick leave laws, short-term disability and optional long-term disability, health savings account, health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts, employee and dependent life insurance and supplemental life and AD&D insurance; optional personal insurance policies, adoption assistance, tuition assistance, commuter benefits, and an employee assistance program that includes free counseling sessions. Eligibility for benefits is governed by the applicable plan documents and policies.
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, domestic partner status, or other legally protected status.
We welcome applications from all and provide individuals with disabilities with reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application, interview process and to perform essential job functions once onboard. If you would like to learn more about the reasonable accommodations we provide, email ReasonableAccommodations@Aon.com
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.