Salary: $66,139.00 to $88,676.00 /year
A career with the Arlington Police Department offers security, prestige, respect, and personal satisfaction. Our officers are members of a progressive, professional, and nationally accredited department.
Recruits will complete a 32 week academy followed by 18 weeks of field training. Upon completion of training, the recruit officer will be assigned to one of our four patrol districts. All patrol officers work 4 – 10 hour days with 3 days off each week.
After an initial time on patrol, officers have the option of moving into specialized units, such as criminal investigations, traffic unit, community support, technical services.
Below are some of the minimum standards to apply;
- Applicant must be a Citizen of the United States, by birth or naturalization.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Applicant must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of post-secondary education as certified through a commission on higher education of a regional educational agency for colleges and universities recognized by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement, by your date of hire.
- At the time of employment, applicant must possess 20/20 vision, either corrected or uncorrected in each eye. Uncorrected vision cannot exceed 20/100 in each eye, unless vision is corrected by the use of contact lenses, which must be worn on duty and/or during all enforcement related activities. Must be free from dichromatic color blindness, night blindness and any other visual deficiencies or limitations.
- All Police Department Personnel must conceal all body art (tattoos, piercings, and skin branding) by the use of the authorized uniform or city authorized clothing.