ASRC Federal Field Services has a General Maintenance Worker vacancy at the Federal Law Enforcement Training center off of Spruill Ave in North Charleston, SC.
Summary: Performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skills and knowledge in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, HVAC, and electrical work.
Essential Job Functions:
- Replacing electrical receptacles, wires, bulbs, ballast, switches, fixtures, and motors.
- Using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings.
- Repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets.
- Painting structures and equipment.
- Repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks.
- Replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles.
- Hanging doors and installing door locks.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance on exhaust fans, emergency lighting, HVAC equipment, water coolers, pumps, and facility operating equipment.
- Performing general maintenance on equipment and facility infrastructure.
- Crawling under and working topside of buildings as needed to make repairs.
- Must be able to push, pull and/or lift 70 lbs.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) equivalent is required.
- Must be 21 years old.
- Must be a US or Naturalized Citizen.
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug screen and physical.
Must maintain a valid drivers license and a clean driving history.