Charniak Insurance Agency is family owned and operated independent insurance agency that represents nine insurance companies. We are seeking an Insurance Customer Service Representative in Training to help our rapidly growing business. This candidate will help support Charniak Insurance’s mission to provide an excellent customer experience for every customer, 100% of the time.
What would you do?
- Process customer payments.
- Answer the phone and provide great customer service to all clients.
- Scan and organize customer documents.
- Open and sort the mail for review.
- Gain knowledge in the insurance industry through an openness to training from management and insurance classes.
- Process policy transactions in a timely manner.
Our ideal candidate is:
- College educated.
- Has two years’ experience in a customer service-related field.
- Has great computer skills.
- A motivated self-starter that figures out how to complete tasks independently and constantly seeking to learn new things.
- A detailed oriented person who strives to provide customers with excellent service.
- Able to multitask and handle stressful busy days of work.
What we provide:
- Hourly rate between $15 – $20 per hour commensurate with skill and experience
- After a three-month probation period and the following benefits will kick in:
- Generous vacation time and over 10 paid companywide holidays a year.
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability, Dental, and Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Paid continuing educational opportunities including designation programs.
Required Behavioral Competencies:
- Achievement Motivation: Looks to make things systematically and continuously better by setting challenging goals for self and others.
- Flexibility: Changes own behavior or approach to suit each situation.
- Information Seeking: Probes below the surface to get at the root of a situation or problem. Seeks out others who are not personally involved to get their perspective in resolving an issue or problem.
- Integrity: Does the right thing by consistently acting on the values of Charniak Insurance.
- Self -Control: Controls strong emotions and calms others in stressful situations,
- Customer Service Focus: Acts on behalf of the customer being served. Seeks information about the underlying needs of the customers, and matches products or services to those needs.
- Inquiry: Seeks to understand what others are saying, feeling, and thinking. Uses understanding based on empathetic listening and observation to influence, develop, help, or lead others.
New hire would work in the office with mask being worn at all times. The office is currently operating on an appointment basis only. Some employees are working in the office and others are working remotely.