The Rooms Intern will participate in a 12-14 week rotational program encompassing Front Office and Housekeeping. This program is for Hospitality Majors looking to advance in an industry that exposes them to the places, people and practices that set the foundation for success throughout their careers.
· Obtain an overall understanding of the hospitality industry.
· Learn the company’s quality standards.
· Become familiarized with the day-to-day operations.
· Understand the basic functions of various departments that play a key role in the division’s success.
· Greet and welcome guests upon arrival.
· Register guests into the computer system, verifying registration, address and credit information.
· Accept payments for guest accountant at the time of registration and check-out.
· Maintain accurate records of room availability.
· Answer incoming guest calls and transfers appropriately.
· Provide general resort information to guests.
· Maintain cleanliness of property. Clean guest rooms, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas.
· Clean and sanitize all designated areas to resort standards.
· Maintain constant awareness of safety issues.
· Act with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment.
· Perform other duties as assigned in the areas of Front Office and Housekeeping.
· Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
· Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others.
· People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
· Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing.