Columbia Tech provides Time to Market Services at WARP SPEED™, including product development, manufacturing, global fulfillment and aftermarket services. Columbia Tech clients include innovation leaders in the life-science, bio-discovery, alternative energy, semiconductor, power management, LED, medical, data storage, homeland security and robotics and automation industries. Columbia Tech is a subsidiary of Coghlin Companies, Inc., a fourth generation, privately held concept to commercialization firm. Columbia Tech was named one of the “Best Places to Work” in 2017, and the team works hard to maintain a culture and environment built on trust, respect, continuous improvement, and innovation.
Implement policies and procedures, develop reports, and perform analysis on all inventory within the Company for the purpose of maximizing inventory turns, reducing and avoiding excess and obsolete inventory, and maintaining inventory accuracy. Work with all relevant functions including Finance, Production, Project Management, Supply Chain, and Warehouse to achieve company goals for inventory turns, inventory accuracy, and excess and obsolete inventory reduction.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Create and review inventory reports to determine excess quantity and valuation.
· Review slow-moving inventory; work closely with Supply Chain and Project Management to determine root cause.
· Work with Supply Chain to return excess and obsolete inventory where possible.
· Work with Project Management to return excess and obsolete inventory to customers where possible.
· Monitor and update key factors including supplier lead-time, minimum order quantities and safety stock requirements resulting in accurate requisition quantities.
· Assist in the development and implementation of any materials management systems that will enhance inventory control.
· Identify breakdowns in the new product introduction process that may contribute to excess and obsolete inventory (e.g. BOM errors).
· Work with various levels of management in providing analytical support and recommending actions for improvement inventory management.
· Assist in the development of KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) to measure performance to defined targets (e.g. inventory turns/days of supply).
· Provide monthly management reports that highlight performance to defined inventory goals.
· Assist in the optimization of safety stocks levels of raw materials and finished goods.
· Assess inventory impact of Engineering Change Orders.
· Coordinate with Project Managers on the Phase-in/Phase-out of new/obsolete product.
· Assist/oversee component cycle counts as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field preferred.
- 2-3 years of related experience.
- Strong skills in MS Office, with advanced Excel skills a plus.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Familiarity with MRP systems (Epicor 9 a plus).
· Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
· Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
· Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled__