JOB TITLE: Community Support Specialist II
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
SCHEDULED HOURS: 40 hrs (M-F 8:30 am-5:00 pm)
PROGRAM: Community Support Program
SITE LOCATION: Manchester, CT
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To provide community based recovery support services, skill building activities, and educational opportunities for adults with severe and persistent mental illness and/or with dual diagnosis to increase independence in the community.
- Providing a comprehensive array of skill-building activities focused on building and maintaining a therapeutic relationship with the client.
- Facilitating connections to the individual’s recovery supports.
- Emphasizing the individual’s choices, goals, and recovery path.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts Clinical and Risk Assessments, LOCUS, Co-occurring Screens and Functional Assessments.
- Collaborates with individuals to create individualized, person centered treatment plans and documents clients progress during treatment.
- Use Motivational Interventions to assist clients in meeting their goals and moving along their paths to recovery, utilizing stage wise interventions
- Provide psycho-educational rehabilitation services group and individual for recovery from psychiatric and substance abuse disorders
- Support individual with linking and engaging with natural (family, friends) or community supports
- Develop crisis plans for clients and work with other staff to respond to crisis situations as needed
- Provide skills teaching, such as assisting clients in obtaining/ maintaining housing and utilities; learning how to use transportation services, planning and preparing nutritional meals, engage and communicate with family and friends, be safe in the community, care for children and other family members, and solve everyday problems that arise.
- Provide intensive skill building interventions and support for self-management, self-advocacy, health and well-being, relapse prevention, and using community resources
- Participate in family education and support activities
- Documents client progress in Electronic Medical Record per agency policies
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, case conference, supervision and other meetings as assigned
- May perform other assignments and duties, as area needs require.
Education: Community Support Specialist II: Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
Experience: Community Support Specialist II: 2+ years working with identified populations.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Valid driver’s license required