EAC Network, a not-for-profit social service agency that empowers, assists, and cares for over 54,000 people in need through 100 programs across Long Island and NYC, seeks a Family Coach to work full-time for the Suffolk Enhanced Supervised Visitation program.
The Family Coach position is a non-exempt position paying $21 per hour. The position is flexible (late afternoon/evening availability as needed), 4 days a week (Saturdays required). The office is located in Ronkonkoma, NY. The role reports to Program Director.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Very generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & More.
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Family Coach is responsible for providing supervision of parent/child visits for families referred by the Suffolk Department of Social Services. The Family Coach will work with families on enhancing parenting skills and will develop goals with parents to assist them in transitioning from supervised visitation to reunification and/or unsupervised visitation, as appropriate. The Family Coach will assist families in making connections with local resources for basic needs and those of their children.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide in-home, community, and office-based supervision of visits using supervised coached visitation and parent training.
- Attend relevant periodic trainings to be kept informed of current research and best practices in the field provided by DSS and implement strategies/techniques learned.
- Submit written progress reports as required by the Department of Social Services.
- Attend regular progress meetings with caseworker and parents to discuss parents progress and develop goals collaboratively.
- Conduct intakes with new families referred to the program.
- Assist parents in securing outside resources as needed.
- Transport families to and from visits using agency van or personal vehicle if needed including the ability to lift, carry, and secure children into appropriate child restraint car seat.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree in a related field required MSW/Masters preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience working with families required.
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written; must have the ability to work cooperatively with the department of social service professionals and other professionals interfacing with program clients.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, and email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.
- Must have access to automobile and possess valid New York State Drivers License.