The AP/AR Clerk supports the accounting function by processing accounts payables and accounts receivables. This role reports to the Comptroller and assists with billing, deposits, and other financial activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Perform financial calculations, such as amounts due, interest charges, balances, discounts, equity, and principal.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Office role
Working from home Requirements:
- Role supports remote work as needed
Preferred education and experience
- 4-year degree in accounting or similar subject area (preferred)
- Must have a minimum of 3 years prior experience in role or similar role.
Security clearance requirements
- Must be able to pass Federal background screening and/or state level criminal background screening.
This job description provides the basic requirements for this role and may include additional functions not listed.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
F.H. Cann provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA. F.H. Cann provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, VEVRAA and the ADA.
If you need accommodation as part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.