Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley is proud to provide our guest the highest standards of luxury and personalized service. At Four Seasons we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
BASIC PURPOSE: Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in the Kitchen Department responsible for food preparation while ensuring superior quality and consistency.
1. Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees in the Kitchen’s food production area to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met. (20%)
2. Assist in the planning and development of recipes, and ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration. (15%)
3. Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control. (15%)
4. Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen. (10%)
5. Maintain control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality. (10%)
6. Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments. (10%)
7. Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact. (10%)
8. Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors. (10%)
1. Production of food items.
2. Assist with set-up and cleaning of operational areas.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ‘EEOC is The Law’ Information poster please visit this website – https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf