ASSISTANT PRODUCT MANAGER, TRAINING (Non-EXEMPT)
Franklin Sports, Inc. is a leading global sporting goods brand with an extremely rich history and reputation within the industry. Over the years, Franklin Sports has maintained strong relationships with major brands including Major League Baseball, National Hockey League, National Football League and Major League Soccer that bring energy, strength and uniqueness to our products. We understand consumer needs and offer the strongest value by manufacturing products to all levels of sports participants from some of the most well-known professional baseball players to those who are active in the youth sports community. We got our start in 1946 and Franklin Sports is still a family owned and operated company to this day.
Franklin Sports, Inc. is looking to hire a passionate and energetic baseball enthusiast to join our team as an essential collaborator with a strong focus on baseball/softball training. The Assistant Product Manager plays a crucial support role for one of the most robust departments in the company.
The position primarily supports and reports to the Division Manager of Baseball. The responsibilities include but are not limited to: market research on product assortments/industry trends, supporting new product ideation and development follow-up, daily communication with our global supply chain, creation of marketing presentations and deliverables, reviewing and organizing incoming sample prototypes, ensuring that all database inputs are accurate and properly maintained, copywriting and much more.
The ideal candidate should have exposure in a supporting role for consumer products, ideally in the sports industry with focus on baseball, needs to be extraordinarily detail-oriented, analytical and have excellent writing skills.
The position is located in our headquarters in Stoughton, MA and will report to the Division Manager for the Baseball category.
· Support efforts of Division Product Manager in all aspects of product line development (data creation, vendor communications, documentation and database retention) with a focus on, but not limited to baseball/softball training.
· Ensure accuracy and data entry of internal process systems and databases (Art Tracker, Smart Track, IMAST)
· Assist with product and packaging approvals with leagues and licensing departments
· Assist with product specification identification, creation, and implementation
· Assist with cost and profitability analyses
· Administrative support for sales presentation (i.e. provide samples of products and packaging to the sales team, assemble presentations, etc.)
· Ensure that sample and prototype inventory in the warehouse is categorized and stored properly
· Support the Division Manager in the product development cycle and ensure ongoing monitoring of the process
· Assist with the creation of catalogs and printed material in support of annual launches
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Minimum 2 years of experience in product management or marketing support, ideally in a consumer product industry
· Knowledge and experience in playing and/or coaching baseball/softball
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Superb attention to detail
· Highly organized, motivated and task oriented
· Advanced computer user skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and juggle between daily, weekly, monthly demands
· Strategic and analytical thinker
· Ability to work well under pressure and able to work cross-functionally with all levels in the organization
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability and willingness to work occasionally in the sample warehouse environment
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Interact regularly with internal and external parties, presents information for decision making to manager
This position does not supervise employees
If you are interested in joining the #FranklinFamily, please apply. We also want to share with you our benefits at a glance:
· Employee Discounts
· 401K with immediate participation and a 1% match after 3 months of employment, and a retirement 401(K) match of up to 4% after a full calendar year of employment
· Participation in the annual bonus plan
· Tuition Reimbursement after a waiting period
After 30 Days Waiting Period:
· 20 days PTO program/10 Paid Holidays (prorated)
· Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
· Company Paid AD&D and Life Insurance (3 times Base Salary maxed at $500,000)
· Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
· Company Paid Short- and Long-Term disability plans
· Flexible Spending with $550 Carry Over and Dependent Care Account Plans
· Employee Life Assistance Plan and Identity Theft Protection Support
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit/stand; use hands or fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear, climb ladders occasionally, stand, and bend, occasionally lifting boxes of ~ 20 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.