Marketing / Communications Intern
General Digital Corporation is looking for qualified interns to join our Marketing/Communications team. General Digital is the industry leader in hardware & software engineering solutions for Military, Industrial, Commercial, Medical, Aviation, and other safety-critical industries, specializing in customizable rugged display solutions and Independent Verification and Validation software testing.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing & communications.
· Assist in the creation and execution of digital marketing campaigns
· Assist in the creation and distribution of marketing content, including graphics, brochures, blog posts, and white papers
· Assist in database acquisition and administrative needs
· Assist with planning and execution of marketing strategy
· Assist with the preparation and delivery of training materials
· Perform analysis of communications and sales data
· Seek and analyze competitor communications and sales materials both on and offline
· Prepare presentations for management and senior leadership
· Enter contact information into contact management systems
· Provide support to social media campaigns, including content creation and distribution
· Maintain tracking report of public relations and marketing activity
General Digital is looking for an undergraduate student in the greater Hartford, CT area (including students that attend school out-of-state but will be in the Hartford area this summer) who is majoring in Marketing, Sales, Communications, Advertising, Business, or other related fields. This is not a remote position, and applicants must have a source of reliable transportation as they will be working in our East Hartford, CT headquarters. The ideal applicant should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of technology and social media. PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Photoshop experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicants for this internship position.
Communications, Marketing, Sales, Advertising, Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, Language
This is an internship meant for college students and can be structured as a paid internship or un-paid for college credit. Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.