Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.35 billion in revenue with more than 1,800 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations last year to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
The Granite Telecommunications Cost Analysis and Savings Team Analyst (CAST) will coordinate the company’s efforts in responding to existing and potential customer quote proposal requests. They’ll be responsible for helping the Premier Account Team and Sales Department maintain the high level of billing accuracy and deliver on all needs of satisfying the customers pricing and formatting requests, for existing and potential business. A CAST Analyst will be involved from start to finish; gathering applicable data, concerns, asks and wants; down to vetting out the proper solution, helping create quote proposal and financial reporting. Over seeing large projects for different telecommunication needs, that Granite sells, is a must; and it is important to be able to understand multiple aspects and details that go into each type of project. The CAST Analyst will join internal and external calls to cover proper findings and satisfaction rewards for the customer. Being able to effectively convey and receive messages via e-mail, phone, and in person is strongly recommended. A CAST Analyst will work with a team of contributors from sales, premiers, solutions engineering, legal and finance department individuals, to coordinate cross-functional responses, to the request quote proposals. Along with working quote proposal requests, one will be responsible for answering daily e-mailed inquires, corresponding to past or potential request, as well as working team and individuals based tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with sales, solutions engineering, legal and finance teams to understand customer needs and develop strategy for the proposal response
- Ownership of the CAST Request project timeline from beginning to end
- Work directly with the Sales Department and Premier Account Team to manage quote proposals and solve pricing disputes.
- Assist on customer calls to go over the quote proposal.
- Maintain high level of detail when building quote proposals based on customers data and expectations.
- Meet CAST Request deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, extracting, proposing solution based proposals, review, and approval
- Work effectively with internal subject matter experts to develop the proper solution based proposal, to satisfy customers’ needs and wants
- Ability to work on multiple requests simultaneously
- Maintain quality results by using template; following company and team protocols and maintaining proposal support databases
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Access.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills; strong coordination and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, computer, and organizational skills.
- Must be technologically savvy in order to navigate and organize electronic invoices.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team; prioritize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Coordinates and works well, with multiple other Granite teams and departments.