We seek smart, entry-level associate candidates to join our public relations team. Associates work closely with senior employees in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
No two days are the same at Group Gordon. Account teams work in a variety of industries and issue areas across our corporate, public affairs, and crisis practices. Our efforts are aimed at building clients’ media profiles, forging relationships, and developing creative solutions to tough problems. We are excellent writers, meticulous researchers, and strategic thinkers looking for candidates who are up for a challenge.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Supporting the day-to-day management of accounts
• Assisting in the development of strategic communications plans and day-to-day recommendations
• Pitching stories to reporters, producers, bloggers, and editors
• Drafting and editing documents such as press releases, media advisories, op-eds, blog posts, and memos
• Monitoring traditional and social media coverage of clients and their competitors
• Building and maintaining media lists
• General research
• Administrative tasks
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 0-3 years of relevant experience
• Positive, go-get-‘em, team-oriented attitude
• Highly organized, detailed, and resourceful
• Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication abilities
• Excellent research skills
• Genuinely interested in current events and the news, with a sense of what’s newsworthy
• Intellectually curious, creative, and eager to learn
• Bachelor’s degree required
Interested candidates should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A résumé
• A cover letter answering the question, “Why are you interested in Group Gordon and a career in public relations?"