Junior Crusader Youth Hockey
12 Weeks Starting February 8, 2021
Location: 90% remote-based; up to 10% physical meetings in Auburn, MA as required
About the Junior Crusaders Hockey Organization:
The Junior Crusaders are a non-profit youth hockey organization supporting players and families in Central Massachusetts. We offer affordable programs for both our Coed and Girls only teams across all age and skill levels. Our programs are focused on developing our young athletes, while fostering a lifelong love for the game of hockey. We endeavor to do this by following age-appropriate curriculum that places emphases on the fundamentals of teamwork, skill development, and most importantly, FUN!
About the Internship:
The Junior Crusaders Internship covers sports marketing, sports business and provides you with hands-on experience. The internship is designed for those who want to take on a great deal of responsibility and are self-motivated. You will have the opportunity to work both in groups, with board and committee members, and individually on projects. You will assist in the development and implementation of marketing, member engagement, and business management. Reporting to a supervisor assigned to you by the Board of Directors, you will work on projects deemed to assist the organization.
This internship is intended to support academic programs that provide and/or require internship experience for college credit. It is a non-paid position with flexible hours to reflect the need of your college credit requirements.
The Junior Crusaders are looking to fill (2) Intern positions per semester, with the ability to accept more if warranted by the number of projects or events. Opportunity for multi-semester internships are also available to assist with some of our larger events and initiatives.
Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
· Develop strategies to increase player acquisition and retention
· Conduct and interpret market research to inform decisions and strategy
· Assist with development of marketing strategy and implementation, including the coordinating of various marketing methods including digital and print advertisements, networking, internet, social media, and grassroots c
· Assist with the implementation and management of events including directing others
· Help secure organization and event sponsorships
· Assist business management functions with accounting, communication, and administration
· Help us leverage our official partnership with Holy Cross Athletics
· Strong verbal and written communication skills required
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Able to work remotely, managing work via email and conference calls
· Available to work nights and weekends as needed
· Excellent organizational skills, time management, and strong attention to detail
· Proactive problem solving and issue resolution
· Utilization of Microsoft Office, Adobe, and Pages.
Resume and Cover Letter are due via Handshake by Friday, January 29, 2021.
Contact: Michael Chisholm