KLR intern students generally start working in the fall semester and quite often continue through to graduation. They participate in various accounting and auditing engagements and tax assignments under the guidance and supervision of firm personnel. You will develop a basic understanding of public accounting.
· Assist professional staff members with gathering information for financial reports and tax returns
· Assist with research for both audit and tax issues
· Attend internal training classes as appropriate
· Prepare engagement letters, verify and process financial statements, valuations and special reports
· Learn work paper techniques and proper documentation in accordance with firm guidelines
· Participate in client fieldwork and audit select financial statement areas
· Assist the tax department with input and preparation of tax returns and other special projects as they arise
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.