The Receptionist/Event Planner will manage the front lobby of the Auburn Logistics Center, assist individuals visiting the facility and help coordinate all on-site events and meetings for KARL STORZ guests and customers. This highly visible position will also work closely with the Facilities and Security teams to ensure building security and work to create a positive impression of the Company at the front desk.
II. MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- HS Diploma or GED with a minimum of 3+ years of meeting/event planning or relevant experience
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications required
- Requires strong organizational and planning skills to ensure successful meetings and events
- Requires polish and exceptional communication skills to successfully interact with customers, vendors, applicants and other guests
- Solid administrative and event planning skills including but not limited to: scheduling, organizing, communicating, calendar management, event facilitation, etc.
- Must be able to interact with people at all levels in the organization in a timely and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work with frequent interruptions
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
A. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties consistent with the general nature and focus of the position and/or the goals and objectives of the department may be assigned.)
- Maintain a pleasant and welcoming demeanor, often as the first contact for all our visitors.
- Provide full event support including meeting set up and break down.
- Manage multiple email accounts (i.e. Auburn Events and personal Company email).
- Research and provide local, cost-effective meeting and event options as requested.
- Facilitate, support and communicate the status and schedules for all conference rooms and the Auburn Tech Center.
- Provide administrative support to Auburn Facilities and serve as the backup for the Administrative Assistant, Operations and the Administrative Coordinator.
- Work closely with Facilities and the Security team to support all safety initiatives. Monitor and authorize building access from the front desk via electronic video monitoring system.
- Assist Security team and guests with the BreezN visitor sign-in and access badges as needed.
- Backup for employee locker management and assignments.
- Ensure sufficient kitchen supplies are stocked and available at all times.
C. PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time at the Reception Desk
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Requires the ability to manage multiple priorities and regularly move throughout the facility to ensure that meetings and events are running smoothly
- May be asked to do local Company errands as needed
- Must be able to work some overtime and flexible hours for events as needed
- Ability to remain calm, positive and professional and provide exceptional service and event planning in stressful times
- Must be able to exercise good judgment
- Maintain a pleasant and welcoming demeanor as the first interface for KSEA in person and/or on the phones
Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
• Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness program and pet insurance, too!
• 3 weeks’ vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
• 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee’s first 6% contribution
• Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
• Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
• Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
• Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
• Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
• And much more!
*Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible for paid time off except for where required by state law.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.
If, at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us at Taleo_Administrator@karlstorz.com and we’ll be happy to engage in an interactive process with you.