The Human Resources – Intern position will work alongside our Human Resources team on projects to support Company goals and initiatives.
This position will provide the student with real life business experience, knowledge, and skills that are relevant to classroom education. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Handle information of highly sensitive and confidential nature. Ensure security of information at all times by developing and maintaining necessary measures and procedures.
- Compile special reports and analysis and select appropriate data from various sources. Prepare daily, weekly, or monthly reports as assigned.
- Use various office equipment such as fax, printers, phone system, etc.
- Create and maintain business and correspondence documents, files and other record keeping systems as appropriate to the mission of the department.
- Prepare, type, and edit a wide variety of correspondence from notes, instructions, and general directions.
- Receive, screen, and direct telephone and written communications.
- Research information and data associated with projects as assigned.
- Provide current status information for all open issues as assigned. Identify the need for open‐issue closure or status update.
- Perform special assignments/duties as required.
High School Diploma and currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program. Comprehensive knowledge of PC and various business office applications/software.
Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, proper phone etiquette, and the ability to work in a group effectively. Must have the ability to deal with all levels of people both inside the organization and out of the firm. Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and shift priorities in a fast‐paced environment. Must have excellent follow‐through and be organized and detail‐oriented.
Physical Demand Requirements:
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.