Location: Providence, RI
Semester: Fall 2021- Spring 2022
Minimum GPA: 3.3
Job Industry: Public Accounting
Hours: Minimum of 12-16 hours per week
Department: Accounting and Auditing & Tax
KLR is one of the fastest growing accounting firms in New England. We are seeking students to join our 2020 Intern Class.
KLR is ranked as one of the top one hundred accounting and business consulting firms in the United States. KLR operates four (4) offices in MA and RI and has more than 250 professionals.
KLR intern students generally start working in the fall semester and quite often continue through to graduation. They participate in various accounting and auditing engagements and tax assignments under the guidance and supervision of firm personnel. You will develop a basic understanding of public accounting.
· Assist professional staff members with gathering information for financial reports and tax returns
· Assist with research for both audit and tax issues
· Attend internal training classes as appropriate
· Prepare engagement letters, verify and process financial statements, valuations and special reports
· Learn work paper techniques and proper documentation in accordance with firm guidelines
· Participate in client fieldwork and audit select financial statement areas
· Assist the tax department with input and preparation of tax returns and other special projects as they arise
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
· Must be enrolled in a degree program with major field of study in accounting.
· Possess some knowledge of accounting theory and principals with practical application.
· Excellent Oral and Written Skills
· Proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe, including the ability to work in and learn various software applications
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
· Highest level of confidentiality
· Strong work ethic and ability to operate in a fast paced seasonal environment