Makomas Social Media position offers students opportunities to gain real-world experience and hands-on skill development. At Makomas, we want to provide students an opportunity to build a base that will support their academic endeavors and ultimately help them in their careers, increasing their potential employment options and providing knowledge they can leverage. Our Brand Ambassadors are driven to be successful with careful coaching and regular feedback on performance and improvement opportunities.
MAKOMAS is a rapidly growing startup at the intersection of consumer packaged goods (CPG) and social good. We are creating an international market for the African ingredients, Baobab, Hibiscus and Moringa. We sell healthy products made using family recipes handed down from generations. We source most of our core ingredients from women farmers in Burkina Faso, West Africa. Our products have no added sugar, low calories, and no preservatives or additives. We are currently sold in Whole Foods Markets and other specialty stores, as well as makomas.com. We pride ourselves with the quality of our products and the impact we are having in the lives of the hard working women in Burkina Faso. We return a portion of our earnings to support the women farmers in Africa who provide the superfoods in our family beverages.
Areas of interest:
Social Media, Marketing, Public Relations, Branding, Nonprofit
- Manage all social media profiles
- Post daily across profiles
- Create approved content
- Research trends, topics, and relevant stories
- Track analytics and boost views/clicks/likes/shares
- Brainstorm media and marketing ideas
- Assist with marketing, advertising & promotional activities
- Implement, promote & manage digital marketing campaigns
- Track, monitor analyze & optimize social media analytics
- Manage & grow Instagram Account, Facebook Page, Twitter Account & Email List
- Understand the essence of & develop the brand
- Continually clarify & refine customer avatars
- Perform industry research & marketing analysis
Skills & Qualifications:
- Current enrollment in college or university as a freshman, sophomore or junior standing preferably majoring in Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or PR
- Progressive human being open to personal development, spirituality & relationships
- Effective written & authentic verbal communication skills
- Focused, organized, motivated, resourceful & proactive
- Honest about what you don’t know & able to learn something new
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Basic understanding of branding & marketing concepts
- Passion for the digital marketing industry & its best practices
- Basic website (WordPress) or graphic design (Photoshop) skills are a plus
- Proven strength in social media marketing and branding
- Excellent communication skills
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Currently earning or recently graduated with a degree in Communications, Marketing or related area is preferred but not required.
- Will need to provide portfolio (proof) of experience in successful social media management.
- Personal Computer
Please submit your detailed Resume AND Cover Letter when you apply, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Unpaid, Part-time, Internship
- English (Required)
- French is a plus