Position Title: Recovery Specialist
Reports To: Program Director
Program/Division: Residential Rehabilitation Services
Provides guidance and direction to residents, and oversees resident activities to ensure conformance with program policies. Participates in ensuring that the day to day operations of the program milieu supports the culture of recovery and is both trauma and gender informed. Responsible for implementing interventions identified in each resident’s treatment plan. Supporting residents with the completion of activities of daily living including meal preparation, household maintenance, transportation, and active engagement in recovery and relapse prevention planning.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time, prioritize tasks, take initiative, follow through, and work cooperatively as a member of a team.
• Good oral, written, computer, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to the changing needs of the program participants.
• Strong interpersonal skills, patience, caring, and compassion.
• Must be able to pass and maintain certifications in medication administration (MAP), CPR, and first aid.
• Must have ability to facilitate and develop a supportive community in a diverse, multi-cultural residential setting.
• Valid driver’s license, sufficient automobile insurance, acceptable driving record, and a safe reliable vehicle during working hours.
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Applicable experience working with people who have been impacted by homelessness, psychiatric diagnosis, trauma, and/or addiction preferred.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle, grasp, hold, type, write, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, climb stairs and lift up to forty pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include color distinction, visual inspection, visual perception, and eye/hand coordination.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to inclement weather and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The majority of time for this job is spent indoors.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.