The Clubhouse is an out-of-school digital design studio where youth, ages 10-18, explore innovative ways to express themselves through technology. With support from volunteer mentors, Clubhouse members work on projects based on their own interests, designing their own animations, interactive stories, music videos, robotic constructions, and other inspiring creations. Through the Clubhouse, youth become more capable, confident, and creative learners. Founded in 1993, the Clubhouse Network is the umbrella organization that supports nearly 100 community-based Clubhouses in about 20 different countries and servers over 25,000 underrepresented youth per year. The Museum of Science, Boston hosts the Flagship Clubhouse and headquarters of the global Clubhouse Network. www.theclubhousentwork.org
The intern will support internal and external marketing initiatives for the global Clubhouse Network. Working closely with the marketing manager, the intern will identify opportunities for brand engagement and implement marketing strategies that align with the annual marketing plan. The intern will help develop, manage and evaluate international public relations, social media, and online marketing campaigns as well as assist with the development of Network-wide communication such as newsletter and print pieces. Additional projects may include assisting with upkeep of and data entry in the Constituent Relations Management (CRM) software, and helping to catalogue image libraries for marketing purposes. The position will also provide opportunities to network with local and national partners
- Work with Clubhouse staff to identify needs and assist with marketing fulfillment
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for 1 or 2 campaigns
- Assist in the creation and distribution of marketing materials
- Identify local networking and event collaboration opportunities
- Collect and update contact information in our CRM database
- Compile and catalogue image libraries
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Interact with multiple Museum departments
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Some marketing, public relations or communications experience or related education
- Some knowledge or Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator
- Curiosity and interest in learning more about technology and working with young people.
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP:
Winter/Spring 2017 (January-May)
15-20 hours/week during normal business hours (M-F 9:00-5:00pm). Schedule flexible.
STARTING SALARY :
$11.00 & $11.25 hourly
Intern benefits include free parking in the Museum garage, close proximity to the Green Line, free admission, discounts in the Museum store and café and much more!