About the Graduate Development Program
National Grid’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) is an in-depth training and development program for high achieving recent college graduates who aspire to take on future leadership roles in a dynamic, ever-changing industry. Graduates start their careers at National Grid with an in-depth 8-week Orientation which gives you exposure to all part of the company, allows you to network with your Graduate cohort, GDP alumni, and senior leaders, and provides you with the opportunity to travel throughout our service territory in the northeast US. National Grid is aiming for an in-person GDP experience for Summer 2021. However, we will continue to monitor the impacts of COVID-19 and will shift to a virtual program if necessary, in order to honor our commitment to our young talent pipeline.
Following Orientation, Graduates begin working in their hired position. Additionally, all Graduates will develop leadership skills through frequent development sessions and a Capstone Project at the completion of your first year with National Grid. You will meet amazing individuals, both within our organization and local communities and will be assigned a mentor who will provide guidance and insight to help you start and progress in your career.
The Associate Analyst supports the plan to perform process across National Grid USA to deliver annual operating budgets, as well as longer-term business plans, with finance and business insights. They will work with Finance Business Partnering teams regarding key assumptions that will drive results and strategy of businesses and groups.
- For each relevant business or group, produce budgets, models and associated documents in line with both Corporate FP&A and wider business needs
- Collaborate with Finance Business Partnering to:
- Develop, drive and challenge business assumptions that are critical to each relevant businesses or group in respect of short-term results and longer-term strategy
- Run scenario analyses and other ad-hoc requests for key investment decisions, prospective rate filings, etc.
- Collaborate with the wider FP&A team in respect of consolidated National Grid USA budgets and business plans
- Support the requirements, governance and timeline of the overarching plan to perform process
- Partner with Accounting counterparts within the Controllership to ensure proper tie-in between record to report and plan to perform processes (i.e. bridge from actuals to budget/forecast)
- Support continued step-change to improve plan to perform process while maintaining necessary SOX requirements
- Work with peers within the US controllership to drive an inclusive and collaborative team environment
Knowledge and Experience
- Budgeting and long-term financial planning
- Financial analysis
- Finance/budgeting systems
- Effective business partnerships
- Working cross-functionally
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Operations, etc. preferred
- Graduated between May 2020 and June 2021
- Ability to begin the National Grid Graduate Program June 1, 2021 or June 21, 2021
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven leadership experience
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Applicants for the Graduate Development Program must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States