Job Title: Marketing Intern (unpaid)
Responsible to: Director of Marketing and Enrollment
Last Revised: June 2021
Are you an ambitious, organized Marketing student looking for an opportunity to kick start your career? Then you just might be the Marketing Intern we’re looking for! We are searching for a motivated intern to join our marketing department. This job posting is for a part-time, flexible, ten-month Marketing Internship starting August 2022. As our marketing intern, you will provide marketing support, assist in executing marketing strategies and generate creative ideas that will help us achieve our goals. Your insightful contribution will help maintain, develop, and expand our marketing/brand. We’re not expecting you to be the expert, but we want you to be able to grow and learn on the job.
Our philosophy of education at Notre Dame Academy, a college preparatory school for young women grades 7-12, is built on the belief that education should prepare students for their role as women in the world. We wish to provide Notre Dame students with the opportunity to become more aware of what is happening in their lives and to assume responsibility for themselves and their communities. In order to learn to make responsible choices, our students have the freedom to learn in a school dedicated to high academic standards, and to involve themselves in the community, both utilizing its resources and serving its people.
Equal Opportunity Employee
Notre Dame Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Position: Marketing Intern (unpaid)
Hours: Part-time flexible
• Support marketing with administrative tasks
• Maintain and update marketing lists
• Help create and distribute marketing materials
• Assist in building Social Media presence (posting, engaging, researching)
• Collect data from marketing campaigns
• Creating content for web and social including photography
• Assist with online newsletters and marketing email campaigns (knowledge of MailChimp a plus)
• Assist with digital advertising
• Help organize and plan marketing/development events
Qualifications and Skills
Here’s what we require:
•Working towards a degree in Marketing or relevant field
• Familiarity with different marketing techniques
• Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
• Strong desire to learn combined with professional drive
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Attention to detail
• Comfortable with technology (social media, Microsoft Office, web-based tools, etc.)
• Graphic design experience is a plus!
• Comfortable operating a camera
• Familiar with Google Suite
• Willing to learn new technologies and platforms you aren’t familiar with
• Able to commute to Worcester, MA
•Hours could include an occasional weekend or evening
What you’ll get:
• A fun, exciting work environment
• An experienced team and mentor who can help you grow in your craft and career.
• The opportunity to work in the education field where you will gain valuable experience in many marketing disciplines.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume and include a brief cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Notre Dame Academy. We’d love to hear about your experience or interest in marketing and how your skills will help us achieve our goals. What have you done in or outside of school to develop your marketing skills? Why do you think you’d be a great fit?
Director of Marketing & Enrollment
Notre Dame Academy
425 Salisbury Street
Worcester, MA 01609
This is an unpaid position for approximately 20 hours a week.
Job Type: Part-time
Work Location: Notre Dame Academy, Worcester
Flexible Hours could involve occasional evenings and/or weekends