We’re looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
Early Careers at nVent
Innovation, inclusion, and growth.
By joining nVent, you have the opportunity to help build a more sustainable and electrified world, to be celebrated for bringing your authentic self to work and bring forward bold ideas that drive your personal and professional growth. Our culture of positive energy, integrity and respect will be the fuel you need to launch a purposeful, exciting career. Dream big, expect development and plug into our growing, global community where your diverse skills and talents will be deployed to make a difference in today’s electrified world.
Human Resources Internship 2024
As an HR Intern, you will gain exposure in the various aspects of HR – such as total rewards (compensation & benefits), people analytics, organizational development, business partner support – within a global manufacturing organization. In addition, you will develop your professional expertise, technical skills, and business acumen by collaborating with experienced nVent HR professionals and by supporting various initiatives and projects.
What You Will Experience in this Position:
Your experience as a Human Resources Intern goes beyond the day-to-day of your role. In addition to the support of your manager, you can expect to grow and develop through exposure to leadership, engaging in development opportunities, and networking with other early career professionals.
- Training & Development: Training and development is provided throughout your internship through on-the-job experiences and structured learning opportunities, fostering the development of business acumen and leadership skills at a global organization.
- Community: Join a community of other early career professionals as you launch your career. A peer-led committee helps to organize social, professional and service-related activities and events for interns and early career professionals. You will also be invited to join our Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s) which offer special events, networking, professional development and volunteer opportunities throughout the year to promote inclusion and respect and to help us embrace our diversity.
- Mentorship & Networking: Build a network of peers, managers and senior leaders to support your career path and aid your growth. Gain exposure to nVent professionals at every level who will act as formal and informal mentors during your internship.
Human Resources Internship Details:
- Internships are typically 10-weeks in length
- Interns are paid hourly for time worked
- Interns are responsible for transportation to and from work
- Interns who demonstrate outstanding performance may be offered a subsequent internship or full-time offer of employment with nVent
- The Human Resources Internship will be based out of nVent’s St. Louis Park, MN office
- Interns are offered a flexible, hybrid work environment
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Human Resource Management or related degree
- Graduating with an undergraduate degree between December 2024 and June 2025
- Able to complete a 10-week internship May/June – August 2024 in Minneapolis, MN
- Authorized to work in the United States without restrictions now or in the future
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in HR
- Ability to quickly acclimate to a fast-paced environment and be able to anticipate needs
- Ability to work with confidential and critical information in a discrete manner
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Willingness to learn and to work collaboratively with all levels within the organization
- Energy to listen, learn and work in ambiguous situations
- Strong work ethic and personal responsibility to see things through to completion
A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We’re a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.