Are you looking for a rewarding position that provides flexibility to work with your personal, work or school schedule? Join our Relief Team!
Open Sky Community Services is a non profit human service agency that provides counseling services and treatment options to people facing challenges. Open Sky programs provides support to people who have a Mental Health challenges or Developmental Disabilities in a residential, Day support, or community setting.
The Relief position will give you an opportunity to gain experience and make a difference in someone’s life while working with people with Mental Health challenges and Developmental Disabilities.
The pay rate is determined based on trainings certificates achieved. Relief employees are required to be certified or certifiable in First Aid, CPR, MAP and SOLVE certifications. Paid training is provided for all certifications.
- Provide direct support to individuals served ensuring daily living needs are met.
- Assist individuals in meeting their basic health needs.
- Maintain a safe yet challenging atmosphere; create a supportive environment that will enhance individual growth.
- Ensure the overall safety of program participants at all times.
- Perform crisis intervention, if necessary.
- Follow record-keeping procedures and communicate pertinent information to regular staff via written and verbal means.
- Follow all Agency and Program specific policies and procedures including Relief Employee Expectations.
- Maintain regular contact with the Relief Coordinator and Programs by responding to all Agency communication in a timely fashion.
- Paid or volunteer experience in the human service field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED/HiSET.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Word.
- CPR, First Aid, MAP (Medication Administration Program) and SOLVE (Strategies of Limiting Violent Episodes) certified or certifiable. Open Sky Community Services provides all required trainings.