$12 an hour - Internship
Openbay gives consumers a smarter way to care for their vehicles, by allowing them to compare, book, and pay for auto repair from shops nearby. Openbay is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, is privately held, and its investors include GV (formerly Google Ventures), Andreessen Horowitz seed, Boston Seed Capital, Stage 1 Ventures as well as several individual investors.
Work to build a community of highly engaged users on both sides of the online marketplace – vehicle owners and service providers (auto repair shops). The PR/Marketing Co-op will acquire real-world knowledge on campaign development and execution, while utilizing the creativity, attention to detail and analytical skills needed for a future career in marketing.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support marketing and PR colleagues in all aspects, including:
· Identify and secure local speaking opportunities for Openbay’s founder & CEO.
· Assist with compiling media lists, based on assigned topics to research, when appropriate.
· Identify, manage and schedule content posting and tracking on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flipboard, Digg, stumbleupon, etc. Content includes Openbay-generated blogs, as well as relevant news items.
· Research, implement and track new ways to grow social traffic.
· Monitor and test paid campaigns.
· Format and post (already written) blogs.
· Create supporting graphics for blog and social promotion.
· Pitch relevant blogs to industry and consumer websites for further amplification.
· Execute and track campaigns.
· AB test and track campaigns focused on customer engagement and retention.
· Growth initiatives including keyword-position tracking, crawl analysis, traffic measurement, competitor analysis, etc.
· Securing and updating backlinks to Openbay.
· Campaign testing, tracking, and analysis.
· Survey feedback analysis.
· Regularly check with in-house service advisors and partner development teams for story opportunities.
· Monitor surveys for shareable customer quotes.
· Pursuing a Marketing or Communications degree and career
· Minimum 3.5 GPA
· Must be a fast/independent learner, be creative, have a critical eye
· Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
· Familiar with the following programs: WordPress, Google Analytics, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, Adwords, Facebook/Twitter Advertising.
· Experience with Marketing Automation and SEO tools are a plus
· Creative, energetic, highly motivated and results-oriented (metrics-driven)
· Thrive in a collaborative, driven environment
· Helpful, but not necessary: interest in entrepreneurship, startups, venture capital, online marketplaces