Internships at Otis are rewarding and challenging, providing you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop through meaningful projects that drive our business. Our comprehensive internship program will allow you to gain hands-on experience and broaden your human resources and business acumen skills. You’ll be immersed in the Otis culture where we collaborate to best serve our customers; and where we empower and inspire each other through support, autonomy and trust.
The Human Resources (HR) intern role will assist and support exciting new talent projects for Otis HR worldwide in the areas of engagement, Diversity & Inclusion, leadership development and HR communications.
In this capacity, the position will:
- Assist with the client support of our World Headquarters (WHQ) Operations, Growth & Strategy teams
- Manage individually assigned projects, research best practices, and share recommendations
- Support team collaboration to address functional talent development needs
- Lead and execute employee engagement efforts and events
- Other HQ projects relating to HR and business transformation
This is a full-time, paid summer internship, typically starting in May/June and ranging from 10-12 weeks. Throughout your internship, we provide continuous training and performance feedback to ensure you develop the necessary skills to succeed.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current student pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business, Psychology, or similar field of study
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software applications
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal direction
- Ability to communicate a clear understanding of subject matter and work in cross-functional teams
- Respect individual differences and welcome diverse thinking, and offer informed suggestions to improve processes
Otis is the world’s largest elevator and escalator manufacturing, installation and service business. We serve customers in over 200 countries and territories around the world and maintain more than 2 million elevators and escalators. We have more than 69,000 employees, including engineers, digital technology experts, sales and functional specialists, as well as factory and field technicians. We are proud to be a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving, high-performance company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures to better serve our customers. Just imagine where you can take your career!
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.