*Interns will be working remotely with a weekly meeting via zoom or in person.
Our Bright Future is a non-profit organization that was established on October 27th,
2016. Our mission is to empower youth and develop bright leaders through robotics,
sports training, and guidance in academics. We incorporate core values such as
education, empowerment, discipline, leadership, diversity, and respect into our daily
programs to help students shape futures into bright ones.
Grant Writer Job Responsibilities:
● Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting
information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
● Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and
needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
● Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for
information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
● Enters and monitors tracking data.
● Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status
information to review meetings.
● Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating
submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks
associated with proposals.
● Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature,
objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing,
budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
● Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and
● Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating
Grant Writer Qualifications / Skills:
● Presentation skills
● Written communication
● Graphic design skills
● Technical documentation
● Layout skills
● Problem solving
● Process improvement
● Strategic planning
● Market knowledge
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
● Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Media, or related field
This is an unpaid internship with a possible employment after one year. Due to
COVID-19, interns will be working from home with a weekly meeting via zoom or in
person. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume via Handshake which will be sent directly to Kwasi Acheampong, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.