*Student must earn college credit*
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Based on incoming workload, business deadlines, marketing initiatives, and timing, may be asked to contribute in one or more of the following areas during the internship.
• Based on themes and company marketing calendar, develop content for marketing posts on Facebook, Social Media, Linked In and Google My Business.
• Provide insight and ideas for marketing ads to promote tours, group travel, and followers.
• Using Google and Facebook analytics, evaluate the effectiveness of posts and make recommendations on where changes could be made, tests could be run, etc. to improve outcomes. Graphic Design
• Using tools like Adobe Spark, Canva, etc. design ads, posts and content.
• Improve photos in company library to ensure post ready photographs for use in future marketing. Operations and Business Process
• Input bookings into customer information database.
• Research accommodations, activities, restaurants, transportation for client trips in the planning stage.
• Update and/or add tours to company website.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Interest in pursuing a career in hospitality, event/travel planning, marketing, website design, entrepreneurship
(Note: Based on student’s academic interests, job tasks can be focused around skillset.)
• Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
• Adobe product knowledge is a plus.
• WordPress – Divi Builder is also a plus but not necessary.
• Knowledge of Facebook and Instagram tools and processes.
• Educational exposure to the concepts and practices of SEO a definite plus.
• Design skills for web design and graphics.
• Excellent communication skills in a “work from home” office environment.
•Self-starter, able to run with an idea and present thoughts, alternatives, and strategies.
• Collaborator, enjoying the give and take of ideas to develop great outcomes.
• Motivated, able to work independently and productively.