Do you want to learn how to become a dynamic sales executive?
Do you want to build your own long-lasting book of business?
Do you want access to the best training program in the industry and get paid while doing so?
Do you want a database full of customers across the continent, without having to prospect for them?
Who we are:
Over our 30+ year history, PLS Logistics Services has become one of the country’s top 25 third-party logistics (3PL) management services providers. We are headquartered in Cranberry Township, PA, with offices in Jacksonville, Tampa, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, St. Louis, Philadelphia & Pittsburgh. We are growing as an organization and are looking for top talent to join our team.
What is a Sales Representative?
As a Sales Representative at PLS, you will act as an essential resource for your customers, helping ship their freight across the nation, 24/7/365. This inside sales role will come with the passionate support of our company and your co-workers around you.
Your first week:
- Learn about PLS and the logistics industry.
- Hear from our top home-grown leaders on how to be successful.
- Participate in our fully paid training and Orientation.
- Familiarize yourself with our business model and transportation management system.
- Get on the phones and grow your network!
Your first month:
- Continue to develop a portfolio of clients by cold-calling industry leads..
- Maintain a strong understanding of the industry, including rates, capacities, and carriers.
- Negotiate pricing.
- Take charge of client service issues to the point of resolution.
- Be open to coaching and learning while putting in the time and effort to be successful.
- Update tracking system accurately throughout the day.
Your first six months:
- Be the trusted advisor to your customer, helping manage their logistics challenges.
- Continue to foster strong relationships across North America.
- Liaise with Logistics Coordinators to help shoulder your load and allow you to bring in more business.
- Seek out promotional opportunities to move up the ranks.
Your first year and after:
- You tell us. Write your own ticket.
Pay and benefits:
At PLS, we take pride in attracting top talent. In addition to unlimited PTO and a $45,000 starting salary, our benefits include:
$1,000 signing bonus.
UNCAPPED commission, starting in the first week of training.
Full medical, dental, and vision coverage options.
Extensive growth opportunities and a long track record of internal promotions to back it up.
401k plan with employer match.
Chairman’s Club opportunity – celebrate with the best of best as a reward for being a top sales representative.
Fun and welcoming work environment.
Extensive, world-class sales and logistics training.
Ongoing sales competitions with prizes.
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferred)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Adaptable and dynamic
- High energy
- Entrepreneurial spirit
At PLS, we ship over one million loads annually across all major freight modes: flatbed, van, LTL, rail & barge, air & ocean. Our customers benefit from our broad PLS Transportation network of over 250,000 trucks representing 45,000 carrier partners, along with Class-1 railroads and major barge companies. Are you ready to jump-start your career?
PLS Logistics Services is An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.