The STEM Teacher will be responsible for strengthening the operations of Preston Taylor Ministries (PTM) that provides significant opportunities for involved children to experience “joy-filled friendships” and to pursue their “God-inspired dreams.” Embracing PTM’s Christ-centered mission, the STEM Teacher, will represent PTM to PTM children and their families, volunteers, potential volunteers, and supporters. He or she will do this by demonstrating a love for God that is evident in his or her lifestyle whether or not he or she is at PTM.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead STEM Activities
- Build students’ STEM skills in a small group setting
- Create and submit lesson plans to the Education Director balancing math intervention and enrichment activities
- Lead behavior management within the classroom
- Attend professional development seminars led or coordinated by the Education Director
- Assist with any other assigned tasks by the Education Director
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Knowledge and ability to teach STEM concepts and math foundations
- Behavior management skills
- Bachelors in Education preferred
- Monday – Thursday sometime between 3-6pm, depending on site
- Follows the MNPS schedule. Whenever MNPS is out, there is no PTM programming
- This position lasts until May 2022.
Preston Taylor is an Equal Opportunity Employer