The role of the ABA Intern is to provide 1:1 direct service support to clients with an Autism Spectrum Disorder at the Proven center locations. Under the direction of the Director of Clinical Operations the ABA Intern will provide clinical and administrative support while learning the basic principles of Applied Behavior Analysis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Comprehend programming and behavior plans individualized to each client
- Work directly with clients, observing Discrete Trial Teaching (DTT) and Natural Environmental Teaching (NET)
- Follow behavior plans as designed by the supervising BCBA
- Fluent with the floater checklist and responsibilities
- Will assist Center BCBA by preparing curriculum materials for the day: facilitate circle, art, language for learning, etc.
- Participate in regular staff training
- Attendance at monthly team and staff meetings
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working towards a Bachelors or Associates degree in Behavior Analysis, Psychology, Education, Social Work, Speech-Language Pathology, or related field preferred
- Experience working with children
- Ability and willingness to provide hands-on personal care
- Strong organizational skills
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to occasionally lift children, materials or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Frequent standing, walking, bending, sitting, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
Occasionally required to climb or balance.