Summary: The HR Intern will provide support for the various HR employee programs and responsibilities within the organization. This is a paid opportunity, $16/hour.
Individual hired will be expected to work at least 20 hours per week.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assists with all administrative functions of HR including, but not limited to, administration of employee payroll changes and leaves, payroll, safety shoe/glasses programs, creating and maintaining employee records, benefits administration, and processing of termination paperwork.
· Assists with recruiting efforts including posting jobs, scheduling interviews, preparing offer letters, coordinating pre-employment screens, and onboarding new hires.
· Supports various HR initiatives throughout the year including open enrollment, performance/compensation, training and regulatory initiatives, etc.
· All other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Keen attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Experience with Microsoft Office
· 1-3 years of experience in Human Resources or 3-5 years overall administrative experience.
· Associates Degree in HR or other business related field.
· Experience with running payroll and/or familiarity with HRIS.
· Advanced experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Position requires data entry and regular use of computer/keyboard/mouse for extended periods of time.
PPC provides reasonable accommodation to employees with disabilities who meet the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
An equal opportunity employer