About Our Company
Quality Beverage LLC is an independently owned Massachusetts Beer Wholesaler committed to customer excellence by providing the highest level of service with our commitment to quality brands. Since its founding in 1987, Quality Beverage has enjoyed consistent growth. In August of 2013, Quality Beverage L.P. acquired Consolidated Beverages of Auburn, MA, encompassing Worcester and more than 40 nearby communities while expanding operations into two divisions located in Taunton and Auburn. In October of 2019, Quality Beverage L.P. acquired Williams Distributing in Chicopee, MA, expanding operations into three divisions. This merger transformed the company into one of the largest independently owned beer wholesalers in the New England region. Quality Beverage L.P. now services more than 130 cities and towns in Bristol, Hampden, Hampshire, Norfolk, Middlesex, and Worcester Counties delivering to over 3,400 retail licensed accounts weekly.
We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, “real-world” experience. Under the supervision of our Accounting Manager, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about ERP software and fixed assets, and to assist with other accounting activities.
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assist with the month-end closing of three facilities (journal entries and account reconciliations).
· Assist in reviewing accounts payable proofs prior to posting to ensure proper account coding.
· Perform expense variance analysis
· Prepare reports used to file various Massachusetts State filings (Bottle Bill, Excise Tax, Sales/Use tax, etc.)
· Assist with reporting of daily information
· Perform Ad Hoc reporting and analysis and assist in process-related improvements.
· Develop leadership and communication skills
· Understand day to day accounting activities
· Broaden and improve understanding of Accounting and Finance concepts learned at school
· Improve understanding and familiarity with Excel and creation of spreadsheets
· Exposure to culture of continuous process improvement
· Exposure to an ERP system and system reports
· Learn about management reporting
Quality of Work:
The acceptable standards to meet expectations of quality are:
· Courteous and friendly manner
· Professional appearance
· Attention to detail
The standards of technical skills and communication skills required for the job are:
· Must be actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in either Accounting or Finance
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Solid Communication skills
· Handle sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity
· Meet acceptable expectations of quality (professional appearance, be courteous and friendly, and be organized and timely)
· Understand and follow the Quality Beverage Creed
· Internships are 14-week programs consisting of 20-30 hours work per week
· General working hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Note: This can be flexible