Graduate Assistant: Office of Admissions
The Admissions Graduate Assistant is a 9-month academic year position, averaging 18-22 hours per week. The position is tasked with supporting the undergraduate admissions team in recruiting and evaluating applicants. We seek an individual who will bring enthusiasm and initiative to a hardworking, collaborative team.
- Work with the Admissions team to manage the application and enrollment process
- Communicate with prospective and admitted candidates via telephone, email and text
- Meet face-to-face with candidates and conduct informational sessions and campus tours
- Assist with communications and marketing to prospective and admitted candidates
- Assist with planning and execution of recruitment and yield events
- Manage specific projects related to recruitment and enrollment cycles as needed
- Assist with other activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduate Assistant must be admitted or enrolled in a Rivier University graduate degree program
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes some evenings and weekends
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills are necessary , including public speaking skills and the ability to present the University in a positive way to diverse populations.
- The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University , in all daily activities through a strong, student-centered ethic.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel and Word. Basic familiarity with social media applications a plus.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team. but work independently when needed
- High attention to detail
- Possess essential skills with computers and technology