Ryder’s Leadership & Operations Intern- Paid
How would you feel to work with America’s leader in fleet management and operations? Cutting-edge technology, competitive pay, passionate mentors, and a family-like environment that is powered by humanity-first and on a mission to make our planet, better than we found it.
Why Ryder? Ryder System, Inc. has been around for about a century, is a Fortune 500 Company, recipient of the Green Supply Chain Partner Award, Environmental Excellence Award, America’s Best Employer for Veterans, America’s Best Employer for Women, & America’s Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes, and these are just some of the many recognitions our competitors know us by.
When you work with Ryder, you become part of a dynamic team and fast-paced environment. You gain exposure and interaction with many levels of our Management & Operations units, from entry-level employees to the Director and VP.
Our people are our invaluable asset. Don’t have to take our word for it, just hear what our current employees think!
Like what you read, grab a little more detail below and APPLY as we want to get to know you.
This PAID opportunity touches every aspect of the business unit giving you real business experience. There’s never a dull moment… In this role, you will acquire proven industry knowledge, skills, and resources in addition to developing your business & interpersonal skills.
The experience you acquire with Ryder will set you up for the business world after college in a multitude of ways and if interested, lay the foundation for a long & rewarding career with Ryder after graduation- like so many current Ryder employees!
Yep, you read it right! This intern opportunity can get your foot in the door and provide leadership and career-growth opportunities within Ryder even after you graduate. We highly believe that skills can be taught if attitude and performance imply and that’s the reason we promote within, 85% of the time.
Benefits & Qualifications
- US work authorization required
- Relocation assistance is NOT offered at this time
- Must be presently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program
- Flexible, Part-Time, Temporary (while in school)
- Permanent, Full-time (if desired- after graduation and availability)
- This internship is rotational so no deadline or duration is enforced. You can work on and off throughout the entire school year
- Work flexible hours around your school schedule (25 hrs./week). Our branches are open roughly 8-5 Monday- Friday
- Depending upon graduation date and availability, you can transition into our Management Trainee Program (Bachelor’s Degree required)
Skills & Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Preference for experience showing leadership capabilities
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors) Personal initiative, ability to present and effectively interact with all levels of management and customers
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills to support multiple projects
- Ability to display confidence in learning new systems and processes quickly and establishing a strong customer rapport
- Strong PC skills (Windows, MS Office, MS Project, MS Excel) intermediate required
- Intermediate computer skills are required (Windows, MS Office, MS Project, MS Excel)
- Responsibilities will vary according to the area/department assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned.