The Timberlane Regional School District in Plaistow, New Hampshire, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Business Administrator. Timberlane Regional is separating from SAU 55 on July 1, 2021. We are looking to fill our Business Administrator position in advance of the split so that the successful candidate can transition the business and operations activities from SAU 55 to our new SAU prior to July 1. The Timberlane Regional School District serves the school districts of Plaistow, Atkinson, Danville and Sandown, NH with combined budgets of $73 million. This position is part of the SAU’s leadership team and reports directly to the Superintendent of Schools.
The Business Administrator is responsible for the planning, administration and conduct of the business affairs of the SAU in accordance with state laws, school board policies, district practices and the direction of the Superintendent of Schools. This position is responsible for managing the business office including all finance and accounting activities, accounts payable, auditing, budgeting, grants, payroll, purchasing, and federal and state reporting, and support services including facilities, food service, information technology and student transportation.
The Business Administrator must be able to perform strategic budget planning and analysis; attend School Board meetings; participate in contract negotiations and work cooperatively with school personnel, town and state officials and other community members.
This is a full-time year-round position with a competitive salary and outstanding benefits.
REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools
- B.A. in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance (MBA preferred)
- NHDOE Certification as a School Business Administrator (preferred), or proof of eligibility for NH Business Administrator Certification
- Minimum eight years of progressive experience in financial management and accounting preferred, including at least three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Three years in governmental accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable NH RSA’s and regulations as it relates to financial planning and reporting within a public-school business environment.
- Facilities management experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated skill in oral and written communications; knowledge of computer hardware and financial software.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent of Schools may find appropriate and acceptable.
HOW TO APPLY:
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION, ATTACHED, BEFORE SUBMITTING APPLICATION
Screening will begin on October 12, 2020. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Full-time year-round position with a competitive salary and outstanding benefits.
B.A. in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance (MBA preferred)
NHDOE Certification in 0038 Business Administrator (preferred), or proof of eligibility for this certification