Location: Providence, RI
Time Commitment: Semester length, 14 hours/week minimum. Semi-flexible schedule, but generally during Providence office hours (M-F 8:30-4:30) with occasional weekend days as needed.
Transportation: Volunteer Management interns must have access to personal transportation (ex. car)
Application Items: Online application, cover letter, resume
Application link: https://volunteer.savebay.org/internships/, you MUST apply on our website
Summary: Are you interested in managing volunteers and organizing events? Do you have excellent communication and writing skills? At Save The Bay, we provide interns with the opportunity to work with 3,000 volunteers annually in a variety of capacities. An internship in the volunteer program will provide students with the skills to organize events, lead volunteers, promote volunteer opportunities and internships, oversee outreach projects, and manage individual volunteer programs.
What you will learn:
Leadership skills for projects such as beach cleanups and other volunteer events
- Event and project management
- Post projects and communicate with volunteers using Get Connected by Galaxy Digital software
- Professional communication skills
- Real-world administrative and office skills
What we require:
- Education: undergraduate juniors and seniors, recent graduates, grad students, and beginning professionals
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Comfortable speaking to groups and engaging with the general public on Save The Bay’s behalf
- Strong organizational skills
- Must have initiative and ability to occasionally work independently
- General office skills including proficiency with MS Office and Google Drive
- Availability to work on some weekends
Details: We offer unpaid internship opportunities. We will gladly work with your university if they offer college credit for unpaid internships. Many colleges offer stipends for students doing unpaid internships. Check out our Student Guide to Internship Funding for tips!