The focus of this position is to identify and take action to reduce significant security risks affecting the client’s customers and staff thus providing a safe and secure environment. This position will play a role in supporting and delivering a high quality, comprehensive, prevention focused intelligence service for the client. The person(s) employed to fill this role will be responsible for the production of a wide variety of intelligence material both written and verbal, using a range of existing and emerging sources.
They will be required to support complex and conduct basic trend analysis to identify potential risks, issues and threats to the organization, working closely with the other departments at the client site as well as various entities within the financial services industry. They will be required to prepare intelligence products for a variety of audiences including senior managers and executives.
CURRENTLY HIRING FOR Tuesday – Saturday 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM
· The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
· All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
· Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
· In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
· All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Monitor Security Intelligence from a variety of intelligence sources.
2. Draft clear and concise Intelligence documents for dissemination to a diverse audience.
3. Analyze information received from intelligence sources based on intelligence requirements to determine the potential impact to the organization.
4. Collaborate closely with members of the Security team and others to determine potential impacts to the organization and next steps.
5. Monitor employee travel using the software and incident reporting tools from ISOS, CRG, NC4 and other sources.
6. Work within the organization’s Incident management framework to escalate threats.
7. Create travel threat assessments as directed by the client’s Security Intelligence Director.
8. Monitor the activities and information related to special events across the US and provides intelligence updates.
9. Monitor threats to the client and its people using various Social Media monitoring tools.
10. Using various tools; identify crime patterns across the client’s geographical footprint and provide reports that can be used to develop mitigation tactics.
11. Assist the US SOC staff in handling the bank robbery process and assessment of facts related to the incident.
12. Input data into the Bank Capture and Cast Management systems to accurately track incidents across the organization.
13. Perform Branch Risk Assessments and notify Physical Security team of changes in risk levels in order to drive security system enhancements.
14. Train and mentor new Intelligence Analysts on daily responsibilities.
15. Manage the weekly work schedule to ensure all shifts are covered.