*For academic credit only and eligible for 150 hours for 3 credits*
This person would work with the Tunnel to Towers Foundation’s National Run and Climb team to help increase the number of events nationwide and work on our support team for the 55 5k and climb event Volunteer Directors in our series. Task related to marketing, event planning, social media, recruitment, fundraising and sports management will be assigned based on the candidates area of study.
Here’s some things you will learn:
● Obtain real life experience in the Nonprofit sector
● Build Media Lists for local communities across the country
● Create feedback and viral loops between our Facebook Page, twitter, and blog accounts – related to our 5k run and walk events. (70 events currently in our Run and Climb series)
● Aid in the development of Volunteer Trainings
● Assist in the creation and selection marketing items and giveaways
● Be part of a team and take on event planning related projects.
● Be trained to work the back end of our online fundraising website and be able to pull reports when needed
● Must Earn college credit for your participation (unpaid)
What we are looking for:
● Background in Marketing, Communication, non-profit management or other related discipline.
● Strong communication skills.
● Fast learner
● Proficient writing skills.
● Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
● Creative and Flexible
● Familiarity with social networking sites desired.
● Interested in the issues equal access to learning resources and generally socially conscious individual
● Interest in nonprofit management and community development
● Minimum GPA requirement 3.0
● Spring or Fall interns – most of our Run and Climb events for 2021 will happen in fall but projects could start in the spring, summer or fall.
● About 5 hours per week.
All internships would be done virtually