The Enrichment Department comprises six robust programs. The After-School program serves approximately 100 students in pre-Kindergarten through Sixth Grade per day. We offer around 50 classes per week that range from robotics to sailing and a private music and language program. This department also hosts the Design at Advent summer program, school vacation week programs, ADVENTures days, Makerspace Saturdays, and child care for some school events.
The Advent School seeks a committed, experienced, and passionate individual to serve as a Monday – Friday After-School Teacher. The ideal candidate for this role will:
● Be skilled and passionate about teaching:
○ Arts: Drawing, Beading, Cooking, Painting, Fabric Arts, Sculpture
○ STEM: Hands-on science, Gardening, Robotics, Coding, Stop motion animation, Videography, 3D Printing, Music Video making
○ Creative Problem Solving: Chess, Puzzles, Strategy games, Game Design
● Be flexible, adaptable, and eager to learn and collaborate with a variety of students and adults
● Create a positive atmosphere that supports students curiosity
● Display strong classroom management and problem-solving skills
This is a part-time, independent contractor position for the 2022-23 academic year. The pay range is $18 to $25 per hour DOE. The hours are Monday through Thursday, 3:00 p.m to 5:15 p.m. and Friday, 12:15 p.m. – 5:15p.m. from September 7 through mid-June, 2023.
Responsibilities & Duties
● Design and implement instructional activities daily
● Create an engaging learning environment for a group of eight to ten students ranging in age from five years through twelve years that promotes positive social interactions and problem solving skills
● Oversee the safety and well being of students in a variety of settings (classroom, playground, and hallways)
● Track and report attendance daily
● Communicate with the administrative team regarding student behavior and/or participation
Required Skills & Characteristics
● At least one year of experience working with elementary-aged children
● The ideal candidate will be able to commit their time and skills for the time period listed and have strong group management and relationship-building skills.
● Knowledge of students social, emotional, and developmental needs
● Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree are strongly preferred.
● Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times with children, parents, colleagues, and community partners
● Enthusiastic, well-organized, thorough, and highly reliable
● Willingness to undergo a background check and fingerprinting
Interested candidates should email Stephanie Foland, Director of Enrichment, at email@example.com and attach a cover letter and resume as a single document. No phone calls, please.