About the organization:
The Dolben Company, Inc. (“Dolben”), is a full-service Boston-based real estate company. With offices in Massachusetts and Maryland and more than 17,000 residential units throughout the New England and Mid-Atlantic regions, Dolben is built on a deep heritage of performance and stewardship.
Creating a cultivating and rewarding career is a top priority to The Dolben Company. At Dolben, we believe the difference begins and ends with the people. We attribute our legacy of success to the highly talented members of our team. At Dolben, we focus our attention on our residents, investors, clients and our employees. Our purpose and core values: stewardship, loyalty and impeccable customer service – set us apart from the rest. The difference is Dolben.
We are looking for a college student (Junior) who is majoring in Accounting and is interested in a job/internship. This is a paid internship. The Accounting Intern will learn the basics of working in an accounting department and assist the department in reaching their goals by performing the follows tasks:
- Review and approve invoices in A/P software
- Prepare journal entries for multiple properties
- Utilize various accounting software products including MRI, Nexus, and Paymode
- Prepare wire and ACH transfers
- Assist with cash reconciliations for managed bank accounts
- Enter mortgage payments into accounting software
- Review and process tenant security deposit refunds
- Assist with monthly pre-close and monthly closeout process
- Assist with the preparation of Internal audits and accompany Accountants to the sites to conduct audits
- Conduct a site visit to gain a better understanding of property operations
- Assist the department with ad hoc projects as needed
Focus/Training Areas: Accounts Payable, Accounting Principles, Professionalism, Banking
Start and end date is flexible. Ideally it would be a March 2021 start and May 2021 end.
18 hr. minimum weekly hour commitment.