The Paper Store is committed to being the premiere destination for all of our customer’s gift-giving needs. Our mission is to share our passion for The Paper Store with each customer, during each visit, by going above and beyond their expectations for both selection and service.
The AP Associate position is responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Purchase order three-way matching and processing of inventory payments
- Process non-inventory expenses. Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process check requests and payments to vendors
- Manages new vendor setup and maintain current vendor records. Including maintaining current w9 for all 1099 vendors.
- Manage Accounts Payable vendor relationships
- Reconcile vendor statements; research and correct discrepancies
- Manages the company’s corporate purchasing credit card program.
- Complete and process year end 1099’s
- Maintains vendor files.
- Generates and implements standardized processes and looks for improvements
- Self-motivated and able to deliver on simple or detailed tasks
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to deliver short correspondence (emails/phone calls)
- Effective communication skills amongst other employees, vendors, or management
- Attention to detail and thoroughness
- Excellent organizational, data entry, and general math skills
- Have the ability to analyze information and manager vendor relationships
- Have PC proficiency
- Have knowledge of general accounting principles
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Experience with Great Plains/Microsoft dynamics