Responsible for protecting the Associates, assets and brands of TJX US by monitoring US facilities and responding to incidents as they occur and escalating as appropriate following established policies and procedures. This monitoring will take place 24 hours per day, seven days per week. The ability to work nights, weekends and public holidays is essential.
Must operate with appropriate levels of discretion and offer timely and accurate updates to the GIS SOC Supervisor/Manager. May be required to present findings, make recommendations and help influence outcomes.
This is a role that requires a hands-on and agile approach to learning new skills and keeping up to date with new technology and responsibilities. Also responsible for providing support, coaching and development of others within the organization to understand and mitigate the risk to the organization.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- The main duties to be completed within the role of GIS SOC Specialist include but not limited to the following:
- Manage and provide immediate direction regarding Workplace Safety Incidents to field and corporate partners (DM/DLPM/RLPM), including
- Making recommendations on creating a safe environment
- Determining the information needed to complete a risk assessment
- Providing Direction on communication
- Determining additional local and TJX partners to take
- Effective and accurate management and prioritization of alarm activations across a variety of platforms in accordance with procedure across the TJX US facilities
- Coach and develop the business on management of critical incidents
- Conduct research and gap analysis regarding workplace safety incidents.
- Responsible for all control room operations, including CCTV review.
- Provide operational support to the GIS SOC Operators, Specialists, Supervisors, or appropriate Managers
- Assist with internal and external investigations as required
- Support major incident command, control and crisis management and provide recommendations. Authoritative knowledge of how to use security and fire alarm systems and resolve issues as needed.
- Must be able to be contacted by mobile phone or other means while on shift
- Provide support to all TJX Global facilities as required and complete reports as request.
- As part of the GIS Global SOC strategy Specialist will be required to provide guidance/direction to Global partners/executives during urgent and non-urgent events.
- Be open and willing to undertake new training across GIS SOC functions, to ensure the organization has the ability to manage workload demands. This may require an adjustment in scheduling to business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Criminal Justice, Computer Science, or Legal studies
- 2 years’ experience in working in a control center environment
- 2 years’ experience working in retail stores
- CCTV Systems (Genetec/Milestone, etc…)
- Knowledgeable about Fire Alarm Systems
- Knowledgeable about Burglar Alarm Systems
- Experience with Access Control Systems
- Microsoft Computer Software Product experience
- Strong verbal and written communication Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Decision making skills
- Ability to influence others to minimize risk to TJX
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That’s why working here is so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff – competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA