Do you have what it takes to intern at the best bike company in the world?
Our Summer Intern Program provides you an inside look to your potential career path, providing you the opportunity to put your coursework to use in practical applications! You’ll be exposed to the day-to-day tasks and long-term strategies required in your department while creating valuable relationships working alongside experts in the field. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
A bit about us:
Trek is an awesome place to work! We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so.
Our Marketing team is seeking an eager, enthusiastic, and talented candidate for our Summer Internship Program. We aim to give opportunities for students or recent graduates who are looking to gain experience in the marketing field. In this role you will experience the different phases of marketing while supporting the Marketing team on various projects throughout the summer.
Our Summer Intern Program runs from May/June 2021 through August 2021. This is a full-time, paid internship ($15.00/hour), that’s right; we’re paying you to spend time with us, get some work done, and have some FUN while doing it! This will be a hybrid-internship requiring the candidate to be within a commuting distance to Headquarters based in Waterloo, Wisconsin. You will have access to Marketing team members via Teams meetings, email and phone. Limited in-person contact/meetings are required at Headquarters.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Organizing data in spreadsheets
· Calling retailers for feedback
· Helping the retail team organize ride information in backend spreadsheets
· Participating in video shoots or voice overs
· Assisting with event logistics
· Sorting, packing and organizing physical deliverables for retail locations, ambassadors, customers, etc.
· Tagging photos with keywords
· Confident and outgoing personality
· Strong attention to detail
· Well-organized and self-motivated
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Good communication skills; not afraid to ask questions when needed
· PowerPoint skills is a plus!
· Familiarity using Ride with GPS is a plus!
· Must be enrolled in a college/university prior to participation in the internship program OR graduated within the past 12 months
· Must be available to work 40 hours per week.
· Work Environment: This is a “hybrid-internship”
· You must live within commuting distance to Headquarters in Waterloo, Wisconsin, and have reliable transportation to get there
· Responsible for a reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace